Welcome to the Local Race Chat forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, Click here to join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Go Back   Local Race Chat > Series Forums > S.M.A.R.T.
Register Gallery FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Google

S.M.A.R.T. This forum is for discussions related to the Steel Block Mid-Atlantic Racing Tour (S.M.A.R.T.) .
Click Here For Website

(#16) Old

SignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rules change? - 02-11-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatten21
I like the rules max engine 365ci all steel blocks no aluminun blocks,any steel head can match port 1 1/2 only any valves,can run flat tappit, roller cam....if you have aluminun heads can match port 1 1/2 only, any aluminun heads max carb 750cfm with 50lbs in front of motor plate. DONT RESTRICT steel head guys on carbs can run any carb.............................................. ...no weight penalty for roller cams in steel head motors just a option........................................
TIRES only hoosier spec d55
american racer spec md56
may groove, sipe,grind and no soakin must punch on duro 52 or harder
just a little somthing to seeif it works on motor rules could add alittle something too them just an idea
weights crates 2150
any steel head /block 2300
aluminum heads 2450
these rules sound good there simular to the charlotte race we had last year
  (#17) Old

SignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond reputeSignMaster36 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rules change? - 02-11-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwre03
Let's get them rules right. What kind of limits are the ford and dodge on? Can they run cup and busch cyl heads? What about chevy's r07 heads? What about darts little chief cyl heads @11 degrees? They will rival sb2. Seems like not much thought went into these rules, but amendments were made to please a few. Oh, lets not forget about valves, no titanium? Why not rule out hollow stems as well? Hey let's keep them stock size while we're at it! The rules need to be looked over again to remove some of the holes and clarify the rest. Besides, it's almost time to race and all of my engines are ready, plus the ones I fix for others are ready also. Good luck to the SMART Series, I'm sure they will do well and I'll find a place to race my slm. But come on, crates against a legal 18 degree alm head?
  (#18) Old

V1SLM is a name known to allV1SLM is a name known to all
Re: Rules change? - 02-11-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignMaster36
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwre03
Let's get them rules right. What kind of limits are the ford and dodge on? Can they run cup and busch cyl heads? What about chevy's r07 heads? What about darts little chief cyl heads @11 degrees? They will rival sb2. Seems like not much thought went into these rules, but amendments were made to please a few. Oh, lets not forget about valves, no titanium? Why not rule out hollow stems as well? Hey let's keep them stock size while we're at it! The rules need to be looked over again to remove some of the holes and clarify the rest. Besides, it's almost time to race and all of my engines are ready, plus the ones I fix for others are ready also. Good luck to the SMART Series, I'm sure they will do well and I'll find a place to race my slm. But come on, crates against a legal 18 degree alm head?
Ronnie, your engine is legal at 2350lbs. Greg, what you gonna race at CLR? SB2 wont work, What then, Is Clary's going to open? If not where ya'll gonna race? 1 time a month at FMS? Ford can run the N heads and roush standard valve angles, dodge can run standard valve angles, no cup stuff, hate it if you run mopar!, to heavy anyway, why all the crying, put in your steel head and kick some dust just like it is, its going to the old rules at WCS too if Chris works it out anyway, Screw it who cares I'll be there, if yall go, good, if not, then some good cars just wont be there, I was just wanting some good cars from eastern NC to represent how good we are down here, especially on a level playing field, it was 24-30 cars at Charlotte, and I'm sure Smart will have just as many with the payout....Spencer
  (#19) Old

gwre03 has a reputation beyond reputegwre03 has a reputation beyond reputegwre03 has a reputation beyond reputegwre03 has a reputation beyond reputegwre03 has a reputation beyond reputegwre03 has a reputation beyond reputegwre03 has a reputation beyond reputegwre03 has a reputation beyond reputegwre03 has a reputation beyond reputegwre03 has a reputation beyond reputegwre03 has a reputation beyond reputegwre03 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rules change? - 02-11-2008, 05:17 PM

should have known my opinion would bring a response from the pros . i have not done any crying i simply voiced my concern on how these rules were written because they lack depth and reasoning. i have a steel head with titanium valves and a carb that wont pass the no goes .i also never said i was going to run sb2 at clr ,never said i wasnt either. if sb2 wont work on new surface thats my problem ,if it does ...... please call me with any further insults or negative comments you may have for me as i do not wish to discuss them in this forum
  (#20) Old

Re: Rules change? - 02-11-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1SLM
Ronnie, your engine is legal at 2350lbs. Greg, what you gonna race at CLR? SB2 wont work, What then, Is Clary's going to open? If not where ya'll gonna race? 1 time a month at FMS? Ford can run the N heads and roush standard valve angles, dodge can run standard valve angles, no cup stuff, hate it if you run mopar!, to heavy anyway, why all the crying, put in your steel head and kick some dust just like it is, its going to the old rules at WCS too if Chris works it out anyway, Screw it who cares I'll be there, if yall go, good, if not, then some good cars just wont be there, I was just wanting some good cars from eastern NC to represent how good we are down here, especially on a level playing field, it was 24-30 cars at Charlotte, and I'm sure Smart will have just as many with the payout....Spencer
Spencer, I AINT CRYING TO NO DANG BODY ive already said in another post i aint running, so have at it! I DONT CARE THERES OTHER PLACES TO RUN!!!!!!!! I AINT YOUR TYPICAL CRYBABY RACER IF I CAN RUN W/O ALOT OF CHANGES I WILL, BUT IF NOT I WONT! THIS IS THE REASON I HAVENT BEEN ON THIS SITE IN THE LAST YEAR! GO LUCK THIS YAER
Sponsored Links
  (#21) Old

jbatten21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Rules change? - 02-11-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
these rules sound good there simular to the charlotte race we had last year
thanks Ronnie, just want to keep it basic thats all......... i would like too see it like this
  (#22) Old

Re: Rules change? - 02-11-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1SLM
OK- lets look at it like this, I understand what the LM guys from Clarys wants to do with the rules, I understand what CLR guys want, But we travel alot and run spec races everywhere and it seems that Chris's original rules would work the best, BUT Flexibility is needed and rules cannot be CHANGED back and forth, And if Chris gets WCS the rules need to be the same as SMART, so many people forget that when WCS was packed with latemodels the rule were simple all steel 23 degree 365ci or less- roller-dry sump-2300lbs, 23 degree all steel unlimited ci- steel block any aluminum head 365 or less- 2400lbs, unlimited open engines 2500lbs with 50lbs on motor plate, all weights were at end of race, WCS was super competitive when it was like that, Those were some good nights racing with the J@N 1, Porky, Travis, Hank, Shawn, James B.,Scooter,Ray, Greg, Ronnie, the list would go endless with these rules and I know all those guys still have their steel head stuff..Enough Said, Chris Call me, I can tell you some unbiased stories of good racing- I know first hand what happend when the rules opened up--NO CARS....336-755-5351 Spencer V1
thats cool to spencer like them rules also its all opinons anyway may not use this at all lol but i like them too................
  (#23) Old

RaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond repute
RaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rules change? - 02-11-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
THIS IS THE REASON I HAVENT BEEN ON THIS SITE IN THE LAST YEAR!

(#24) Old

rb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond repute
rb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rules change? - 02-11-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceJunkie
A sponsor doesn't like the site?
  (#25) Old

weaklink9 has a reputation beyond reputeweaklink9 has a reputation beyond reputeweaklink9 has a reputation beyond reputeweaklink9 has a reputation beyond reputeweaklink9 has a reputation beyond reputeweaklink9 has a reputation beyond reputeweaklink9 has a reputation beyond reputeweaklink9 has a reputation beyond reputeweaklink9 has a reputation beyond reputeweaklink9 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rules change? - 02-12-2008, 12:17 AM

to many rule just set a ENGINE rule and a WEIGHT rule, and last a TIRE rule then race. all of your series done that for many year until they finally came up with one weight rule and
running the series TIRES because this stuff is goin to go on all year
Sponsored Links
  (#26) Old

Re: Rules change? - 02-12-2008, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaklink9
to many rule just set a ENGINE rule and a WEIGHT rule, and last a TIRE rule then race. all of your series done that for many year until they finally came up with one weight rule and
running the series TIRES because this stuff is goin to go on all year
i think they are trying to get something together that may be fair for all cars 2 run different tracks...
  (#27) Old

Re: Rules change? - 02-12-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb
A sponsor doesn't like the site?
NOT THE SITE THE DRAMA!!
  (#28) Old

rb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond repute
rb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rules change? - 02-12-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
NOT THE SITE THE DRAMA!!
Gotcha.

Local Race Chat > Series Forums > S.M.A.R.T.