Welcome to the Local Race Chat forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, Click here to join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Go Back   Local Race Chat > General Dirt Forums > Crate Engine
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Crate Engine This forum is for general conversations concerning crate late model racing! PLEASE DO NOT POST NEWS HERE.

(#1) Old

jojoracer has a brilliant futurejojoracer has a brilliant futurejojoracer has a brilliant futurejojoracer has a brilliant futurejojoracer has a brilliant futurejojoracer has a brilliant future
What about the rebuilds? bolts - 01-23-2008, 05:07 AM

Its my understanding GM has pulled the
rebuilding of the 602 and 604 back in house
not to let any rebuilders touch 'em...they
anounced it to the UMP s or one of the
crate series. No word what they're going to
do. Before I buy a crate motor I wanna know
what they gonna do. If I buy one and after
2 races,and the intake gaskets blow,, how much
trouble is it gonna be to fix. What... take
the engine to the track , GM pick it up,
fix and reseal, bring it back to track for me
to pick up, then me write them a $2,000
check. If its like this count me out. I would
just like to know something now. so I can
plan out my engine combo this year.
Anybody out there know anything???
  (#2) Old
Racerchaser

Racerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Racerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What about the rebuilds? bolts - 01-23-2008, 08:27 PM

Contact your track or the series that governs the races you are racing in. Your track if running a crate class, it should be hooked up with a reliable and respectable engine builder that is recognized by GM.
  (#3) Old

jojoracer has a brilliant futurejojoracer has a brilliant futurejojoracer has a brilliant futurejojoracer has a brilliant futurejojoracer has a brilliant futurejojoracer has a brilliant future
Re: What about the rebuilds? bolts - 01-25-2008, 04:58 AM

I talked to the right people and found out
my worries are unjustified thanks racechaser
for reminded to check the source before doing
anything else , so crates are again one of my
options.....

Last edited by Racerchaser : 02-02-2008 at 12:25 AM.
  (#4) Old

Re: What about the rebuilds? bolts - 02-01-2008, 11:39 PM

THIS IS THE POST I SEEN ANYBODY ELSE READ THIS

� FASTRAK statement concerning GM Engines and Bolts � Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 1, 2008, 7:20pm

CRATE RACERS :: CRATE RACERS :: CRATE RACERS NEWS AND INFORMATION :: FASTRAK statement concerning GM Engines and Bolts

Author Topic: FASTRAK statement concerning GM Engines and Bolts (Read 103 times)
Administrator
Administrator

Karma: 2 FASTRAK statement concerning GM Engines and Bolts
� Thread Started on Jan 4, 2008, 9:22am �

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FASTRAK statement concerning GM Engines and Bolts

Hello everyone. I hope you had a good holiday. I can see everyone has literally been "lit up' with the announcement of GM dropping the RM sealing bolt program. I do think it was a little premature of IMCA to announce anything. I understand their concern but keep in mind GM has not yet committed to anything good or bad.

Who knows what may happen? I certainly don't and neither does anyone else. I would hope our relationship with GM was as good as any and I believe it is. Nothing against GM at all. They have been good to FASTRAK and all of our teams but, business is business and I depend on no one company for the success of this company. That would be a very foolish way to do business period.

Most of you don't know, because we never really pushed it but we started with a FASTRAK spec engne. All racing pieces from aftermarket companies and 460 HP for $4850. Sounded like a real race engine and indeed was a real race engine. However, I was told over and over that no one knew us at that time, and they trusted GM and wanted to run the GM crate engines with us. I said ok so we 'allowed' the GM crate engines. Then we were forced to 'detune' the FASTRAK spec engine to work within the GM HP. The spec engines that were out there were held to the Southern Region so I could keep a handle on them.

The FASTRAK spec engine was grandfathered in for 2007 and deleted from that point forward. That engine has been put back into r&d and will set on the shelf ready for battle at a moments notice. SO NO ISSUE.

The new FASTRAK sprint engine will be a piece built by 'authorized' engine builders across the country. There will be a centralized parts warehouse whereby 'authorized' builders call and order a kit number and they will receive a entire kit from the bolts to gaskets to block. Engine builder calls and says I have so and so's engine here, vin number ? He sends the written documention to the office and we issue the builder a set of bolts for THAT engine. The engine is registered to the owner of such. It is a bolt together piece and has set labor prices so that the engine builders become the 'police' because its their name on the line. The sealing bolts are to 'protect' the engine builders.

The Sprint engine at this time is 530 HP and 510 foot lbs of torque and retails for $7000. It is all aftermarket pieces so wha la, everyone is back in the game including the aftermarket manufacturers. We will use this engine in 2008 to debut the FASTRAK Sprint Cars and it will be our proving ground for future classes should we need to ever go that route.

We are already in the process of a Super Late Model 650 HP engine for in the neighborhood of $12700. Should the program go somewhat as expected, the National Champion in 2012 of the Super Class will receive $250,000.

We already have kits right now for Supers that are 800 plus HP and cost $18,000.

Oh the sealing bolts, it really has been solved since 2005. Thats all I can say.

So FASTRAK is not dependant on any one company for our success. The choice is what sanctioning body do you race with? The one thats ready now, or the ones that are going to be scrambling? The FASTRAK teams, regions and weekly tracks are safe for years to come.

Wait till you see whats next!

www.fastrakracing.com

Stan Lester
FASTRAK Racing Series
(678) 935-7304
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join Our Family Of Crate Racers
  (#5) Old

Undate Re: What about the rebuilds? bolts - 02-01-2008, 11:44 PM

Well whats going on?
Sponsored Links
  (#6) Old
Racerchaser

Racerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Racerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond reputeRacerchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What about the rebuilds? bolts - 02-02-2008, 12:27 AM

I don't understand your question

Well whats going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoracer
I talked to the right people and found out
my worries are unjustified thanks racechaser
for reminded to check the source before doing
anything else , so crates are again one of my
options.....
  (#7) Old

QuesinberryRacing is a name known to allQuesinberryRacing is a name known to all
Re: What about the rebuilds? bolts - 02-02-2008, 05:57 PM

Will this super engine have to be bought from Fastrak, or can your indepent builder do it for you off your rule book?

Local Race Chat > General Dirt Forums > Crate Engine